Colossus Project

Monday 7 July 2014

It's a start at Least!

Hey!  I thought I should make a blog to help me focus on work (arty crap) and as a place to dump my images and thoughts etc.

Well... My name is Tom, I live in Leicester, England.  I am thirty-two years old and just finished a degree in Game Art.In the past weeks I have been keeping myself busy - Visiting family, playing PC games, and doing art stuffs.

I aint done much 2D work recently - I have been getting more into the 3D.  But here is a study I did of a popular artist named Jeremy Man.  Jeremy Mann is a traditional (oil on board mainly) artist and seems to be pretty cool and/or maybe even kitch.  Anyways, some nice mark making and strong compositions mixed with interesting palettes make for strong images with narration/direction (AKA makes you think of crap around the image/life of the image and things within it).
A quick(ish) study.  Most time touching it up n tweaking
Mann's content often involves pretty women within a lush scene, with evidence of wealth and opulence.  This is sometimes offset by an informal and intimate scene and moody lighting.  He is pretty good at mark making - using few strokes and leaving a lot of room for interpretation.

I imagine he hangs around elite social circles in LA and drinks wine in premier clubs that have lampshades that cost thousands of pounds.  This is all however made up in my cynical mind - Could be anyone.

Anyways you can follow him on facebook (as I do) where you can find out more. https://www.facebook.com/JeremyMannART and maybe follow them.

I had to use the website luna pic to loop my GIF

Here's a quick WIP (Work In Progress).  This is mainly to get reacquainted with creating animated GIFS

No comments:

Post a Comment