Colossus Project

Friday 29 August 2014

July Stuffs

I have been busy the past month - Luckily doing some 3D game art stuff.  Unfortunately is an important re-submission for my degree.  Here is the fly-through I made for the project.  Everything here is made by me, Thomas Mackie, using mainly 3DS Max and UDK.


I am quite happy with this one compared to the last one I guess.  The art direction on this one is a lot more solid & it definitely has more of a style.

I will try and show it off a bit better and work on my portfolio.  On one hand I want to set myself loads of projects to work towards making better assets, and learning Unreal Editor 4.  But I want to work too, so what I need to concentrate on is my portfolio.  I will have to decide on what to do...

Game Art Portfolio
Pretty boring, sorry, but gonna investigate online.
Gamasutra tips  (Not bad advice)
Develop online (Great advice in 10 tips)

Reading the develop online portfolio tips seemed very promising - I am actually a fairly-decently rounded game-artist, with skills in 
* Art in general (most important)
* 2D and hand-drawn stuff
* Animating
* Level design
* Character creation
* Technical (ish)

I am a bit of a jack-of-all trades, but with no real work experience in the game industry.  But before I worry about that I have to evidence my skills better.  I think I have enough of everything to go for most positions I want, but it needs polishing and presenting well.



No comments:

Post a Comment